Open Government Partnership New Zealand National Action Plan 2016-2018
Date: September to November 2017
Commitment 4: Tracking progress and outcomes of open government data release
Lead agency: Stats NZ
We will help government agencies improve public access to, and outcomes of, non-personal, government-held data by openly tracking progress on efforts to open up data stores.
Develop an open government data action plan, based on feedback gathered from the open data community and government officials
Publish the action plan
Develop a public dashboard for reporting against the action plan goals
Seek public feedback on the proposed public dashboard
Regularly update the public dashboard on government progress toward the goals End date: June 2018
What have we been doing?
- A prototype dashboard was published on 28 September, inviting feedback on its usefulness, content, and whether it is easy to understand where progress needs to be made.
- Feedback channels used were Loomio, Government Data Ninjas, and email. The feedback period closed at the end of October and we received constructive feedback on both the content and its presentation.
- Prototype dashboard
- Discussion and feedback on Loomio
- Discussion and feedback on Government Data Ninjas
- The dashboard will be redesigned based on the feedback received, and we will seek feedback on aspects of the design as it’s developed. The aim is to create an interactive tool that displays changes in key progress indicators over time, and can be easily updated.