As you know from our last update, we received 449 ideas to consider for New Zealand’s third National Action Plan. Thanks once again to everyone who contributed.
Those ideas have now been grouped in to seven themes by the Expert Advisory Panel, working with government officials.
The seven themes are:
- All New Zealanders know how our democracy and system of government works and how they can participate; they are empowered to contribute to wider community life.
- Government and New Zealanders work collaboratively to shape policy decisions and design of public services.
- Increase government transparency/accountability.
- All New Zealanders can access government information and services easily – in whatever way works for them.
- Enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of public services.
- Environment supports a free and independent media to increase transparency of government decision-making.
- New Zealanders can access government information resources for innovation.
Some of the themes have additional sub-themes as well. You can view them all, how they tie in to the ideas and the flipcharts from each of our workshops here.
On Monday 2 July, the EAP, officials and representatives from each of the workshops will come together to work with the themes and explore options for potential commitments in the next National Action Plan.
We’ll keep you posted as work progresses. Be sure to keep an eye on the website and our social media channels for regular updates.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.