Open Government Partnership New Zealand National Action Plan 2018-2020
Progress report for: July – September 2020
Commitment 12: Open Procurement
Lead agency: The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
Objective: To publish the data on government-awarded contracts that is currently publicly available on the Government Electronic Tenders Service (GETS) as open data.
Ambition: It will be easy for people to find and access published GETS information for contracts awarded by government agencies that are subject to the Government Rules of Sourcing. This will increase the level of trust the public has in procurement as it will be possible to analyse what contracts government agencies are awarding, what the expected spend is and which businesses have been awarded contracts.
OGP values: Transparency and Accountability, Technology and Innovation
Design with Stats NZ and the public a more usable format for this data.
Start/End dates: October 2018 - June 2019
Publish the results of the first milestone, for example information on what format the data will be released in and if we need to publish supporting material to help people interpret the data.
Start/End dates: July 2019 - December
Publish the Contract Award notices online in the agreed usable format.
Start/End dates: June 2020 - On-going
What we have been doing
- This Commitment has been completed
Links – Evidence of progress and milestones achieved
New Zealand procurement open data report:
- MBIE website: https://www.mbie.govt.nz/cross-government-functions/new-zealand-government-procurement-and-property/open-data/
- govt.nz website: https://catalogue.data.govt.nz/dataset/new-zealand-government-procurement-award-notices
- NZGPP newsletter item about the Open Data Open Potential event hosted by Statistics New Zealand https://www.procurement.govt.nz/about-us/news/open-data-open-potential-event/
- Blog story about our work on the data.govt.nz website https://www.data.govt.nz/blog/making-procurement-data-more-accessible/