Open Government Partnership New Zealand National Action Plan 2016-2018
Date: June to August 2017
Commitment 5: Ongoing engagement for OGP
Lead agency: The State Services Commission
We will build a flexible and enduring platform for engagement between the New Zealand government and New Zealand communities around the Open Government Partnership.
What have we been doing?
- Findings from the review of the Government Online Engagement Services (GOES) pilot are being assessed by the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA). The review is part of work to improve government’s access to, and use of, digital public engagement tools.
- Met with the Independent Reviewer to give an overview of the consolidated insights and findings from the GOES review.
- We have developed a draft mid-term self-assessment and undertook online public consultation on it, which also sought ideas for issues the next National Action Plan could tackle
- We have continued to update New Zealand’s OGP website with developments
- We are continuing to broaden key stakeholder relationships and take opportunities to engage with stakeholder groups on issues they are concerned about.
Open Government Partnership New Zealand
- Review of the Government Online Engagement Services (GOES) pilot circulated with DIA management to determine next steps
- Publishing the mid-term self-assessment.