Open Government Partnership New Zealand National Action Plan 2016-2018
Date: December to February 2018
Commitment 4 progress report: December 2017 to February 2018
Commitment 4: Tracking progress and outcomes of open government data release
Lead agency: Stats NZ
We will help government agencies improve public access to, and outcomes of, non-personal, government-held data by openly tracking progress on efforts to open up data stores.
Develop an open government data action plan, based on feedback gathered from the open data community and government officials
Publish the action plan
Develop a public dashboard for reporting against the action plan goals
Seek public feedback on the proposed public dashboard
Regularly update the public dashboard on government progress toward the goals
End date: June 2018
What have we been doing?
- Feedback on the prototype dashboard has been analysed, and we have defined the business requirements for a dashboard that provides a dynamic, interactive visualisation of the progress made by government agencies to release open government data.
- Prototype dashboard
- Discussion and feedback on Loomio
- Discussion and feedback on Government Data Ninjas
- Initiate a procurement process, based on the business requirements, to develop and deliver the dynamic visualisation.
- Rerun the online survey of government agencies, to measure change against the baseline results gathered in 2017.