Open Government Partnership New Zealand National Action Plan 2016-2018
Date: June to August 2017
Commitment 4 progress report: June to August 2017
Commitment 4: Tracking progress and outcomes of open government data release
Lead agency: Stats NZ
We will help government agencies improve public access to, and outcomes of, non-personal, government-held data by openly tracking progress on efforts to open up data stores.
What have we been doing?
- We have conducted an online survey to establish a benchmark for open data maturity in government agencies. The survey was based on the open data maturity model used in the Open Data Pathway. The results will help agencies identify where to focus their open data efforts.
- The team has been connecting with other Stats NZ initiatives aiming to build data capability, so that activities can be coordinated.
- The Open Government Data Action Plan 2017-2020 (PDF) has been published on https://data.govt.nz/
- Open Government Data Action Plan 2017-2020
- We will be publishing the aggregated survey results online in a prototype dashboard, and seeking public feedback on the dashboard. Survey results will also be shared with the participating government agencies.
- A more detailed timeline is being developed to deliver the work outlined in the Action Plan.