Open Government Partnership New Zealand National Action Plan 2016-2018
Date: June to August 2017
Commitment 2: Improving official information practices
Lead agency: The State Services Commission
To make government information more accessible by adopting a consistent set of agency practices in response to requests for official information.
What have we been doing?
- Developing a suite of consistent measures about OIA performance and collecting statistics from all 111 agencies for the 2016/17 year. These will be published on 5 September 2017
- Publishing guidance (PDF, 151KB) for agency use, to assist in the development of internal policy on the proactive release of OIA responses
- Publishing agency website guidance (PDF, 82KB), including content outlining how agencies will respond to information requests and t ips for requesting official information
- Completing the development of an agency self-assessment tool on official information capability, which we are in the process of piloting with agencies
- Planning and facilitating an OIA forum on 14 August.
- Improving official information practices
- Official Information Act statistics
- Tips for requesting official information
- How agencies will respond to information requests
- Proactive Release of Official Information (151KB, PDF)
- OIA Agency Website Guidance (82KB, PDF)
- Publishing OIA statistics
- Preparing guidance on official information
- Completing the pilot for the agency capability self-assessment tool and launching it.